[Wylug-help] Qmail installation

lee at leeevans.org lee at leeevans.org
Thu Mar 9 17:37:55 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I've been setting up a qmail installation recently and started to branch
out a bit from the usual very basic installations that I've done in the
past.

One thing I'm keen to implement is SMTP AUTH so that valid users can relay
email through the server nomatter where they are [it's a pain for me
personally if I have to change my SMTP server all the time]

I've got SMTP AUTH up & running using vchkpw to validate against vpopmail
user accounts, but as this is something I'm new to I want to make sure I'm
following 'best practice' really. Is there anything in particular that you
would recommend I implement in such a setup? For instance, can I support
AUTH only on secure connections? This is now my primary mx server so
obviously I need to support plain connections for receiving email.

Also, I'd like to setup a rcpt to: checking system - has anyone any
experience with chkuser 2.0? I tried to compile this into qmail (which
appeared to be succesfull) but it doesn't seem to be doing it's job.

Thanks
Lee