[Wylug-help] Guest account for Linux??

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Tue Mar 21 14:47:01 GMT 2006

Keiko Hamasaki wrote:
> Though there still exists a security threat with the null password, but
> if thats what you require, theres no way of avoiding that particular
> risk, as its part of your objective. all you can do is manage that risk,
> as best you can.

If I recall correctly, it's possible to set up the window manager (KDE in Emon's
case?) not to require passwords for (some?) user accounts. This may be useful to
you [Emon], but since you've not stated your security requirements we're all
just guessing.

Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069