[WYLUG-HELP] wireless lan notebook card installation

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 21 18:54:31 GMT 2006

Hi, Folks,

I just bought a cheap, hope it will make me cheerful, Cable & Wireless
802.11g LAN Notebook Card (£19.99 from Comet's Birstall branch) for my
Acer Aspire 3002LC laptop running FC4. The chipset is rt2500 which I had
to download the driver for separately and it seems to have installed OK.

The card's lights come on at boot up but no signal as far as I can see
and at network restart command I get:

Bringing up interface wlan0:
Determining IP information for wlan0:. . . Failed

Where do I start? Is there any more info I can offer to help with a
diagnosis?

Thanks in anticipation,

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."