[Wylug-help] What is the Gnome & KDE difference??

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Wed Mar 29 16:14:31 BST 2006

John Hodrien wrote:
> I still actually prefer Gnome (although spatial browsing can sod off)

I'm also a Gnome user. I tried KDE and it ate all (the rest of) my computer's
processing capacity. KDE's eyecandy looks fancier, though, but I think I prefer
Gnome.

While I'm here, just what /is/ this spatial browsing thingy I've heard so much
about? I'm running debian/testing+, which claims to have gnome 2.10.1. Is it in
there and if so how do I enable it to see whether I like it? (I really dislike
Nautilus at the moment. Give me a terminal window anytime.)

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069