[Wylug-help] What is the Gnome & KDE difference??

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 29 09:22:48 BST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, James Holden wrote:

> Of course it's not just Gnome and KDE :-)

Indeed.

> Of the two I'd lean towards Gnome, but I use xfce because it's much more
> lightweight and does exactly what I need it to.
>
> I'd recommend xfce to anyone who's using older hardware (which I'm not,
> but I don't want my desktop environment eating a couple of hundred
> megs).

I've always got on well with sawfish, as it's pretty (you can have matched
themed windows, so tagging up remote windows in red for example is just about
doable) and you can make keyboard shortcuts for everything.

jh

--
"Persecution was at least a sign of personal interest.  Tolerance is composed
  of nine parts of apathy to one of brotherly love."  -- Frank Moore Colby