[WYLUG-help] GPG in Evolution email

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sat May 20 14:41:32 BST 2006

Hi, Folks,

Trying to use gpg to encrypt and sign mail, using evolution email. With
pgp sign and pgp encrypt both selected, it asks for the password on
send, then fails with error:

> Could not create message.
>
> Because "Failed to execute gpg: Broken pipe", you may need to select different mail options.

There are four options under the "Security" tab, all unchecked at the moment, after the space to enter the key ID:
Always sign outgoing messages when using this account
Don't sign meeting requests (for Outlook compatibility)
Always encrypt to myself when sending encrypted mail
Always trust keys in my keyring when encrypting

Then boxes for entering either signing certificate for mime or encryption certificate. Do I need one? Where do I get it?

Obvious question: What am I doing wrong?

TIA. Mike