[Wylug-help] Grub Booting Problem

David Whiteley D.L.Whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 24 14:24:11 BST 2006

Has anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong.

I have an old Dell poweredge server, and it has been running for years,
using lilo for booting.

I have upgraded the kernel, and installed Grub.  When it boots it is
ignoring the /boot/grub/menu.lst, and is dropping into the grub command
line.

I can then boot my system by using the "root", "kernel" , "initrd" and
"boot" commands specifying the correct arguments.

If I use the "configfile /grub/menu.lst" command it loads up my
menu.lst, and boots correctly.

Any clues anyone?

This server is in use, and I have to work on it at times when its
disappearance causes minimum chaos, and so it is hard to experiment too
much.

Dave

--
Dave Whiteley
The School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
0113 343 2059