[Wylug-help] How to save page with java applet??

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Tue May 23 09:12:30 BST 2006

Roger Beaumont wrote:
> First make sure that you do have
> a local copy of the code (as Chris said - he's obviously looked at the
> particular page, but I haven't - that'll be a file with a .jar
> extension; I'm sure he's right that it is wcup.jar).

Yes. If you've got wget then this command will save the .jar to the current
directory:

wget http://www.worldcupchart.com/wcup.jar

> Then make sure
> that the link in your local copy of applet.htm actually does point at
> your local copy of wcup.jar (edit your copy of applet.htm).

The applet.htm file uses a relative link to wcup.jar, so putting them both in
the same directory will make the applet work when you open applet.htm. (Well, it
works for me.)

Chris
Chris
--