[Wylug-help] Cheap wireless ethernet

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Mon Nov 13 09:54:48 GMT 2006

On 13 Nov 06, Dave Whiteley (d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk) wrote:
> Suggestions please.
>
> We have wired ethernet at home.  I want to extend this to include a friend's
> house across our back lane.  Putting up an actual wire is not attractive or
> really possible.

Well, the most commonplace way of doing this would be with wifi, so you're
essentially looking at a wireless router for one side & a wireless access point
for the other (though there are probably all kinds of things that can be hacked
up with linux & some cheap PCs).

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"