[Wylug-help] Broadband Internet Help

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 27 13:37:53 BST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, hxi3 wrote:

> I am using a Speedtouch USB ADSL modem that was supplied free of charge by
> Virgin.  It is worth noting that my USB modem is located at the end of a 15m
> telephone extension cable.  Could this be corrupting the signal in any way?

If it's a good extension cable then it shouldn't cause problems, but if your
signal is marginal then I guess it can't help.

> Finally, have I made a mistake in chosing Virigin for my broadband service?
> Is there a better company out there that you could recommend if my
> troubleshooting efforts don't work out?  I have considered cable, but
> unfortunately, it is not available in my area.

I've been with Virgin for over a year, and am just about to move off them, but
not because of service.  They've been flawless.  The month contract was a good
deal, but now there's a 50 quid cancellation fee so it's not much of a draw.

jh

--
"An occupation is wrong, building a wall around these people is wrong,
  shooting children for throwing stones is wrong, stealing peoples land is