[Wylug-help] Broadband Internet Help

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Mon Oct 30 13:37:27 GMT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, hxi3 wrote:

> I have been having some frustrating difficutlies with my ADSL
> connection, and was hoping that you might be able to spare a few minutes
> and give me some advice.

How have you got your internal extension lines and ADSL filters organised?
Do any of your internal extension lines go near you TV or next doors TV?

Only reason I ask, is that I had intermittant ADSL service, and it all
boiled down to nextdoors crap very old TV, situated against the joing
wall, and the BT wire running right along the same wall my side. I (ahem!)
had the wire rerouted to other side of house and problem vanished.

Fault ADSL filters can cause problems, but there'd be a correlation with
phone use and ADSL failing.