[Wylug-help] Bad Passwords

hannah d. hannah at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 10:38:02 BST 2007

Just a thought. This email, and all those with it, and all the advice,
are now public on the WWW.

I'm not suggesting that a cracker is likely to surf the wylug boards
looking for easy targets, or anything, but it might be worth
considering that you've just advertised on the net that you can't be
bothered to set decent passwords.

What's wrong with the tried and tested "sentence into password"
formula anyway? Generates strong enough passwords - e.g.

Wao2ss!VE (We're all off to sunny spain! Viva Espana)

Obviously, that particular password is now a crap choice, but surely
you can come up with something similar.

.h