[Wylug-help] Rsync is broken?

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Wed Apr 25 10:23:14 BST 2007

RichardA wrote:
> Some background: I replaced a 10MB NIC in my desktop PC for a 100MB
> one, and soon after noticed that the backup script wasn't working.
> When I run it manually it fails after a few GB of traffic with an
> error like this:

> Received disconnect from 192.168.1.2: 2: Corrupted MAC on input.

I too have a small server at home. If I boot it normally it works fine, but the
other day when I had to use a rescue disk the NIC failed every couple of minutes
with this error. I put it down to the wrong driver but didn't have the time to
investigate further. Good luck!

Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069