[Wylug-help] dodgey web browsers.

scott linux at sh2515.plus.com
Sat Aug 18 11:37:29 BST 2007

  _____

From: scott [mailto:linux at sh2515.plus.com]
Sent: 17 August 2007 18:44
To: wylug-help at wylug.org.uk
Subject: dodgey web browsers.

Hello

I was trying to install a chm to pdf converter thing on Ubuntu with a Debian
official package and now my web browser doesn't function.  When I launch a
web browser it takes a long time to load then doesn't respond and goes black
and white, then back to colour and useable for approximately 3 seconds then
goes back to black and white.  Attached - was, as I can't seem to send the
attachment for everyone to get it - is a png of gdebi when I installed the
.deb file.  It comes up with an error but I don't know how to uninstall it
or revert.

PNG image says

Package: xchm

Any help?

Also what types of attachments am I able to send for linux-help ?

Scotty

PS I personally blame Tom for this because he was being helpful, which in
turn made me want to experiment on my Linux system.