[Wylug-help] PDF to Word converter

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Fri Aug 31 15:40:27 BST 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 02:36:48PM +0100, john at bopa.co.uk wrote:
> Does anyone know of a reliable PDF to Word converter?
>
> I need to input some text into an application form provided as a PDF and forward it on someone else to add further input.

Hi,

I'm not sure you'll manage this quite as easily as you expect.

PDF is essentially a page description language, whereas Word is a
document editor. PDF doesn't carry all of the document structure, eg:
paragraphs, tables. It's just lines and boxes and chunks of text.

Are you sure the PDF doesn't support fields? Have you tried opening it
in the proprietary Adobe viewer? You may find that it reveals clickable
fields.

Alternatively, ask the sender to give you a copy in an editable form,
if they're expecting you to edit it!

Regards,

James