[Wylug-help] Fedora, IDE and RAID

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 18:02:35 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 17:38, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> All I need to do now is work out how I would rebuild the missing HDD onto a
> new blank one. Anyone know how to do this?
>
> I'm going to remove the origninal sda and replace it. Hopefully the system
> will still boot using the above system and then I can play with rebuilding
> the missing disk.

Not good so far. Put a new blank HDD in as sda and cannot get grub to boot.
The 1st part comes up (says 'grub' on the screen) but that's it.

Tried swapping sda and sdb to no avail. Tried using installation DVD in rescue
mode and no good. Tried going into grub on the DVD but that looks like it's
using lilo.

Anyone got any ideas?
--
Gary Stainburn