[Wylug-help] Analysing and transcoding MPEG transport streams

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 19:04:59 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 06:32:39PM +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
> While I'd appreciate a simple recipe to convert Kaffeine's *.m2t files
> into something like a VOB formatted program stream, I'm really hoping
> that someone can help me get a bit further than that.

I thought that I's answer mi sen, just in case there were other list
members with a similar problem.

I am still hoping to get further, but (yet) more googling reveals a tiny
utility called replex:

  http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/

It's not a complete answer to the problem with Kaffeine *.m2t files
(mplayer still gets the aspect ration wrong), but it does seem to
resolve the basic re-muxing problem.

Moreover, it does at least tell me the stream pids in those Kaffeine
files ... pity it doesn't say what the hex pids actually mean :-(

Dave