[Wylug-help] Re: MPEG Transport Streams

Paul Scorer pauls at scorer.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 5 20:15:45 GMT 2007

>         <snip>
>         how to convert MPEG transport stream files into program stream
>         formats that can be reliably played via an average player (or
>         re-recorded as dvd-video).

I too had a look at this issue.

I found ts2dvd-0.o.tar.gz

But I then had to do paid work, so progress stopped and it is currently
untested.

"transcode" also seems to be able to do some jobs (e.g. MPG -> VOB)
[Needs a bucket-load of other utils]

Also, Kaffeine (which is of course only a front-end to xine-lib :-)
seems to change its extensions with the weather: my version (for FC5)
saves ".m2t" Earlier versions had ".ts". Haven't had time to do anything
with them.

Is one route turn on Master of the Known Universe (in xine) and get max
debug o/p, at least for the demux phase?

Time for a wylug meeting on dvd authoring? (again)

PaulS

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 12:15 +0000, wylug-help-request at wylug.org.uk