[Wylug-help] RE: Transport Streams -> DVD

Paul Scorer pauls at scorer.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 9 01:13:27 GMT 2007

> > I found ts2dvd-0.o.tar.gz

I think the following should enable cutting a dvd from a captured
broadcast stream:

Kaffeine: will record a .m2t

ts2dvd needs a .ts,
So:
ln -s stuff.m2t stuff.ts

ts2dvd seems to be in Hungarian unless you run it from the build
directory (??? - Not investigated). So first cd to ts2dvd src dir, then

./ts2dvd

A GUI
- Select stuff.ts as i/p
- Select an o/p dir (/tmp ?)
- Doit

Then:

cd /tmp
ffmpeg -i 0stuff.ts.mpg -target dvd stuff.vob
[Note the stupid pre-pended "0" and the lunatic extension from ts2dvd]

After all that you only need to build the dvd:

>From the Menu:

Applications|Sound and Video|KDVD Authoring Wizard
Play with the GUI, until the end.

If you mount the .iso, you can play the .vob with xine
[Not much of a test - xine will play anything - but see below]

If all the tools work, then you have managed to install all the required
utils. Reserve at least two evenings to do this. I recommend "yum", and
don't forget the livna repository (despite version skew)

The KDVD Authoring thing will build the (required) menu and build an
iso. If you have k3b, it is supposed to cut a dvd. I do it otherwise.

I confess I not have actually cut a dvd from the rubbish I have
captured. But I have built a dvd (strictly, a dvd+r) using the KDVD
Authoring gadget from a hard disk camcorder (rather easier) and it works
in a hardware (SCART O/P -> TV Set) DVD player.

Yes: I did produce a couple of coasters `en route`. Make sure you check
that it is "DVD Compatible" in the KDVD thing.

HTH

PaulS