[Wylug-help] RE: Transport Streams -> DVD

Paul Scorer pauls at scorer.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 12 21:20:08 GMT 2007

You can cut a working DVD with

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=DVD.iso

growisofs is a misnomer in this context - it doesn't grow the file
system. Even the man page admits as much. It is a
multi-role-combat-utility.

But it will cut the dvd with all the right blocks in all the right
places.

Using these tools, I have successfully cut a dvd which will play on a
"conventional" dvd player.

HTH

PaulS