[Wylug-help] Removing a crontab

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Sun Feb 11 10:45:03 GMT 2007

Anne,

>                                   I tried 'crontab -u nobody -i' but it=20
>demanded a filename.  What do I need to make this work?  Where will I find=
>=20
>this filename?

Different distributions undoubtably have very different setups.  On an
oldish redhat "find / -name "crontab*" -ls" shows (of interest) the
executable and "/etc/crontab" which is a text file....

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# run-parts
01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

which are standard distribution directories.  As this system is a pure
server it hasn't got any user crons but they would (almost certainly)
be in one of these or another created specially because of their timing
requirements.

Andrew