[Wylug-help] Installing Linux + backing up data from windows

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Wed Jan 31 12:10:48 GMT 2007

On 30 Jan 07, Felix Ulrich-Oltean (linux at felixu.com) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a friend who wants to install Ubuntu on a machine currently
> running Windows.  He needs to back up a few Gig of data onto DVDs.  Can
> anyone recommend any suitable free (beer) software for doing this?  The
> dvd should then be readable as a normal dvd-rom i.e. without needing any
> special software to restore it.

I can't comment on DVDs but burnatonce[1] is a decent GPL'd cd burner for
windows (and like all the burning software on a proper operating system it
wraps around cdrecord).

[1]  http://www.burnatonce.com/

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"