OT: Shaun's lack of Beryl was Re: [Wylug-help] ubuntu window problem

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Tue Jul 24 16:59:02 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 15:38 +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Shaun Laughey wrote:
>
> > Have you thought of removing beryl? I have a fairly recent nvidia
> > graphics card (7950) and it doesn't work with beryl/compiz.
>
> Is there a reason why not?  I merrily run compiz with a Quadro 540.
>
> jh

Ubuntu I guess. Plus I haven't touched it in 4 weeks.

I run 2 monitors at different resolutions - 1600x1200 and
1280x960/1280x1024/1024x768 (depending on what I'm working on) and it
just goes weird and slow and often loses the decorations whereas KDE is
perfect and Gnome a little less so (okay it's the wallpaper settings I
don't like).

I was using SUSE 10.2 and it had worked fine with their compiz stuff but
SuSE had to be removed as their deal with Microsoft meant they were to
be punished. :D

Plus I was working with an ex-Canonical (Ubuntu) developer Brad
Bollenbach and he was such a nice guy I just had to convert to Ubuntu.

Shaun Laughey.