[Wylug-help] Odd email rejection

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:01:35 BST 2007

I have a problem concerning a message from the Mandriva lists, which puzzles
me a good deal.

I now have something that's really confusing me.  Googlemail forwards my mail
to my ISP address, and it's just received a rejection:

   This message has been rejected because it has
   a potentially executable attachment "Re: [newbie] test.eml"
   This form of attachment has been used by
   recent viruses or other malware.
   If you meant to send this file then please
   package it up as a zip file and resend it.

It appears to refer to

 filename="Re: [newbie] test.eml"

which ends with

NOTE: If, for any reason, you believe any of the malarky I just spouted,
please beat yourself in the head with a very large brick and ask Ed to come
and mow your lawn.

I have definitely received that message, though it didn't have 'test.eml' as
the subject.

And one from ET, which I haven't seen, asking

so does the expert list still have me as a sub$criber?

I have seen a reply to this on the Expert list.

The subject line for that one, it seems, is

[Expert] [Fwd: Re: [newbie] test]

so where, I wonder, did 'test.eml' come from?  All the quotes in this message
are from the ISP's rejection file.