[Wylug-help] Re: Spam filtering.

John Kershaw johnmkershaw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:02:15 BST 2007

I have SpamAssassin on my mail server, which then forwards everything
to Gmail. I then use Apple Mail to pull from pop.gmail.com and run
its Junk filtering.

Gmail tells me its binned 34,270 spams in the last 30 days but
there's still a few to nail every time I check my mail (down to once
per hour!). I run 40+ web sites so get tonnes of junk :(

I figure running my mail through multiple systems this way means
email use is still viable and, if someone's sent me something
important that got junked somewhere, I can still find it in Gmail
(for 30 days at least). It's a reasonable cusp-point between usable
with slight risk or disappearing under the deluge.

John.