[Wylug-help] Re: Spam filtering.

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:15:55 BST 2007

Chris

> I now know that spamassasin is the weapon of choice for most
> people. All I need to do now is find out how to implement it.

The config file sits in somewhere like /home/chris/.spamassassin.
When you install it the filter files sit in something like ....

/usr/share/spamassassin

these are .cf files.  You need to copy these to /etc/mail/spamassassin
and delete the .cf files from /usr/share/spamassassin.  After that
you set up the rules in your .spamassassin config file....

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.2/INSTALL

Then you do 'spamassassin --lint' as a user.  If the cursor returns to
the command line without a problem then all is well.  If there is a
large pile of crud falling down the screen then you need to adjust
the /home/chris/.spamassassin file......

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Use Google to improve your understanding.

By the way, now that this e-mail has arrived on the WYlug list and it
has been answered it's more than likely that most of us will now
receive more spam which has not been filtered :)

That's the way that the world works.

--
Richard