[Wylug-help] Madwifi and FC6

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon May 28 19:32:45 BST 2007

I've installed a wireless card into an FC box.  It is an X-Micro, which
apparently uses atheros drivers.

I've been following the madwifi instructions, and have got
the to part of setting WPA-PSK (http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/802.11i).
The final command listed in this section is

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -D
madwifi -iath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

or is it

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -Dmadwifi -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ?

It looks like the second one, though I thought the first more likely.  Either
way, I just got dozens of lines of 'Invalid ESSID line' messages.

What am I doing wrong?