[Wylug-help] OpenOffice Regular Expression Search and Replace

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Thu May 31 06:10:30 BST 2007

Hi,

Googling hasn't helped, so does anyone here know if OOo's search and
replace command actually implements all of the regular expressions
listed in the help page?

OOo does seem to be able to find a class like [A-Z], but if I try to
replace that with [a-z] all it does is replace every uppercase letter
with the 5-character string literal '[a-z]'.

I can't seem to write any incantation which will make OOo use POSIX class
expressions (e.g. [:space:], [:lower:], etc) to find or replace.

So, for example, how do people downcase a selection?

Dave