[Wylug-help] Messed up installation. 2

david powell achiestdragon at whipy.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 08:07:27 GMT 2007

opps ,, if you cannot boot the drive then it may be a good idea to
put the drive ionto another machine as a secondery drive
boot the second system from its nomal drive and read the contents accross from
the laptop drive

i would recomend though that its usualy a good idea for for laptops to buy a
hdd drive to replace the original drive before installing linux

3 main reasons ,,
1 you then have the original install that can be reverted to at any time
2 it can be replaced when you decide to sell the laptop
and also
3 with some places they will say that installing another os voids the warranty
of the laptop so you still have the original drive to put in at any point if
it has to go back
also it keeps the original windows licence active for it
it also makes sence as trying to squeze both onto a small standard hdds leaves
you with not a lot of free space