[Wylug-help] Undelete and the perils of GUIs

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 18:00:56 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:34:12PM +0100, Smylers wrote:
> Doesn't Nautilus's delete action by default actually just move the files
> to a 'trash' directory, from which they can be recovered -- for exactly
> the situation?

Oh yes, but of course I changed the default config to avoid the nag
screen ... having got used to working on Linux long before distros
aquired Trash Cans ... and yes, I keep forgetting that you can use the
Waste Basket without getting the nag screen {sigh}.

Anyway, as I said, I don't think I've lost anything vital that isn't
backed up.

Dave