[Wylug-help] email service for user@domain

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 13:49:16 BST 2007

Hi, Folks,

I've got an LVM with Debian Etch configured as in Falko Timme's article,
here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_etch which was
written with a view to setting up ISPConfig to run it, which I've also
done. I didn't have the benefit of a netinstall without additions, but
as far as I can tell it's a pretty accurate replica and ISPConfig is
properly set up and running.

The email packages are as listed there, "# POP3/IMAP: I will use Maildir
format and therefore install Courier-POP3/Courier-IMAP"

I have got as far as setting up email services for two users, who can
send and receive separately, both on one domain. Trouble is, I can't get
  email working for any other domains.

What I need is users to be able to send and receive from their own
accounts, set up thus: userA at domain1 userB at domain2  userC at domain3 and so
forth.

The amount of documentation is immense and I can't even find where to
start. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

The actual packages installed with apt-get were: postfix, procmail,
courier-authdaemon, courier-base, courier-imap, courier-imap-ssl,
courier-pop, courier-pop-ssl, courier-ssl, along with a whole raft of
library and ssl packages.

TIA.

Mike