[Wylug-help] spreadsheet help

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Sun Sep 23 20:21:29 BST 2007

hello

I am using OOo spreadsheet to make a flexi time calculator but i am
having trouble with the calculations

all cells are formatted in time as HH:MM
I have IN, OUT FOR DINNER, IN AFTER DINNER, THEN HOME
My sum for the day is
=((C4-B4)+(E4-D4))
C=OUT FOR DINNER B=IN E=THEN HOME D=IN AFTER DINNER
that gives me day total, but because of law we have to put at least 30
mins in the dinner section and oftem we have less, so I tried
=IF(D4-C4<00:30)
THIS SECTION WORKED SO TRIED
=IF(D4-C4<00:30;D4=C4+00:30)
I am trying to change the dinner to make it 30 minutes if under 30
minutes. I stopped here as nothing happened my next bit was to try add
onto the formula total for day.  How can i use one cell to change dinner
to 30minutes if under and calculate total for day in one cell?

the other problem I had was when totalling the week day totals even when
I formatted cells to [HH]:MM the total was wrong the formula either
=sum(F4:F8)
or
=(F4+F5+F6+F7+F8)
but the day totals were correct meaning it can handle time.

scott