[Wylug-help] Debian help needed

Aaron Crane wylug at aaroncrane.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 13:44:06 BST 2008

Anne Wilson writes:
> On Sunday 06 April 2008 22:05, Smylers wrote:
> > Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure it includes the repository
> > URLs you were given.
>
> I deleted the two debian directories I had already added, then added
> new ones from the mirror list that Jim pointed me to.  Unfortunately
> that still left me with piles of 'Couldn't stat source package list'
> messages.

Once you've edited your /etc/apt/sources.list, you need to run

  sudo apt-get update

to make Apt refresh its ideas of what packages are available.

(I can't see that mentioned in the suggestions you've been given so
far, and the error message you quote makes it sound like that's the
problem.  But apologies if you've already done that.)

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/