[Wylug-help] gpg and EeePC

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:57:57 BST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 19:30:17 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Maybe I'm overtired, but I'm frustrated to hell and back with this.  I
> thought that back in January I succeeded in getting gpg encryption working
> on the EeePC, but I can't find any package in any of the 'safe' repos I
> have installed.  I'm not having much success in googling, either, so maybe
> I'm not using the best search terms.  I think I would be safe in installing
> gpg and gpg-agent from debian etch, if only I could find them.  Could
> someone please give me either a start url or some other pointer?  Thanks

Just after I sent it I found
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gpg&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

gpgv is the included package on the EeePC.  I want both signing and encryption
to work.  I could install gpgsm, though I'm not sure about that, and kgpg for
the front-end, but I'm used to the basic package being gnupg.  Is gnome-gpg
the equivalent?