[Wylug-help] One domain, two servers

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 12:41:53 BST 2008

Hi folks.

My mail server is based in Leeds, which means that if one of my Doncaster user
emails another Doncaster user, it travels to Leeds via SMTP from their MS
Outlook to my Exim server.

It then travels back to Doncaster via POP to the destination MS Outlook.

Until now, this has been an pain, but something we can live with.  However, we
have now installed a photocopier with a scan-to-email facility. While this is
proving invaluable to the business, it's killing my network.

My first thought was to install Exim and Dovecot on a Doncaster server, point
the photocopier at that, and then configure a second account on to everyone's
PC's.

Then I thought about extending this to cater for all emails internal to the
Doncaster site.

So here's my question.  How would I configure an Exim server at Doncaster so
selected email addresses in a domain are delivered locally, while all other
addresses in the same domain are forwarded to our normal mail server in
Leeds?

(B.T.W., thanks to everyone who responded to my email about Linux support.
I'll be following that up next week)

--
Gary Stainburn