[Wylug-help] One domain, two servers

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 13:16:58 BST 2008

On Friday 25 April 2008 13:05, D. Rimron wrote:
> Leeds Box:
>  *accepts mail for:
>     leeds.tld.com
>     tld.com
>
> Doncaster Box:
>  *accepts mail for:
>    donny.tld.com
>    tld.com
>
> Same aliases file on both boxes:
>
> tim at tld.com   tim at leeds.tld.com
> gary at tld.com gary at leeds.tld.com
> joe at tld.com   joe at donny.tld.com
> etc
>
> Everyone pops off local server :)
>
> -Dx

That's similar to what I'd come up with, but what I want was for the Doncaster
one to do was forward any *non-local* alias to Leeds.

i.e.
if in local aliases deliver
else forward to Leeds

This would seriously ease admin.

Also, to add to the problem, the Leeds server is inside the DMZ and cannot
forward emails to Doncaster, but I'll worry about that later

--
Gary Stainburn