[Wylug-help] ClamAV problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:54:59 BST 2008

A couple of days ago I had problems with trying to get an update of ClamAV
from rpmforge.  I ended up removing clamav and installing it afresh.  I
restarted the service, ran a manual scan, and all seemed to be well.
However, since then logwatch has been telling me

    daily.cld updated (version: 6921, sigs: 36733, f-level: 26, builder:
ccordes)
    Database updated (268567 signatures) from db.gb.clamav.net (IP:
193.19.98.136)
    WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd
through /tmp/clamd.socket

/tmp/clamd.socket exists and is mentioned in clamd.conf.  What am I missing?