[Wylug-help] development - was hand-held device with bar-code reader

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 16:35:23 UTC 2008

One of the models that I'm looking at is:

http://www.waspbarcode.co.uk/portable_data_terminals/wdt3200.asp

as this has both built-in barcode reader and a touch-screen/stylus to obtain
signatures.

I've had a look at Visual Studio and also Delphi 9 as the development
environments.

However, now I've picked myself up from the floor, can anyone suggest
alternative development systems.  I'm no JAVA programmer, but I would like to
use this as a training project to learn it, so if anyone can suggest an IDE,
training aids, on-line courses I'd appreciate it.

If possible I'd like to do the development on my Linux workstation and look at
stand-alone windows executables and/or browser embeded binaries.

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn