[Wylug-help] hand-held device with bar-code reader

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 14:01:54 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 20:00:55 Mike Goodman wrote:
> Yes, there are options in that area.
>
> > I would like the unit to be able to store this information and then sync
> > to the main database when it is in range.  The area being covered is
> > about 4 acres.
>
> That's big. It will probably need wifi or infra red points dotted around
> for relaying.

I'm now looking at setting up the hardware for the site.  The kit I'm looking
at using is the Datalogic Skorpio

http://www.mobile.datalogic.com/Datalogic-Skorpio_prd_prd61_1.html

which has 802.11b/g built in. I'm now looking to set up a WIFI access point
and was looking for suggestions.  I'm guessing that I'm looking for either an
outdoor unit or something with an external antenna.

The site is roughly 200yds long but is probably only 60yds wide and the AP is
going to be at one end. I may at some point be able to place one AP at each
end but this is not guaranteed.

I'd like to be able to cover as much  as possible. Anyone got any suggestions?
--
Gary Stainburn