[Wylug-help] Web page problem

Roger roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 01:11:56 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> I spent the whole of yesterday working on a web page for a club.  The page
> uses a script to run a slideshow, and I've done several pages like this
> before.  I could not get the slideshow to run, so to try to find the problem I
> copied a shorter page that I know does run into the working directory, and
> simply changed the name of the pictures.  It didn't run.
>
> I've checked permissions.  I've gone through the code line by line and it is
> identical to the page that runs.  I've totally run out of things to check and
> desperately need some hints.  Thanks

Go on Anne, give us a hint: scripting language, technique for bringing
up new images, server-side or browser-side execution - in fact any
technical info that might illuminate the problem... <grin>

All I can guess at from the above is that it's a server configuration
issue: the server for the new page isn't (like the one(s) for the
previous scripts) configured to execute this type of file instead of
just serving it, or isn't configured to support that scripting language,
or something like that.

That's probably BS, but I need more input...

Good networking,

Roger