[Wylug-help] Web page problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 08:36:48 UTC 2008

On Sunday 28 December 2008 21:55:24 Philip Wyett wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 17:18 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Sunday 28 December 2008 16:24:22 Philip Wyett wrote:
> > > There are far better things to give you sleepless nights - For me
> > > American Football tonight. :-) I sense you are a KDE user so maybe an
> > > editor like kdevelop or quanta may offer some help managing your
> > > coding.
> >
> > I hate to be beaten by anything, and I'd stared at that code for hours.
> > I was beginning to feel totally beaten - and I can't give in :-)
>
> I can recommend Sun Tzu - The Art of War. Knowing when your enemy has
> the advantage - retreat, regroup then return. :-)
>
> > I ought to play around with some other solutions.  I generally use
> > SeaMonkey Composer.  The good side is that you can quick swap between
> > preview and code pages, but it's pretty weak in other ways.  I tried
> > bluefish (wasn't that nvu?) and it was good to have line numbers back,
> > but I miss the preview.  I haven't tried quanta for a very long time, and
> > kdevelop not at all, so there's plenty to play with :-)
>
> Quanta has a preview feature internally. Not sure if it has an external
> preview function to fire up browsers, but certainly worth a look and see
> if it fits your needs.
>
> Kdevelop is more a hardcore programmers IDE and for those who script and
> code languages such as C/C++ etc.

I looked at both these last night.  Quanta definitely looks worth trying.  It
will feel a little strange at first, but I think it might be the solution for
me.  I came to the conclusion that kdevelop was not really intended for web
development, and resolved to remember it if ever I get to the stage of doing
other things :-)

Thanks again for the help.