[Wylug-help] Web page problem

Roger roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 01:48:55 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
<snip>
> I tried bluefish (wasn't that
> nvu?) and it was good to have line numbers back, but I miss the preview.

There is a preview function, but it's so simple to [Alt]-[Tab],
[Ctrl]-[R] to flick back to the browser and reload the page (and if you
prefer the mouse, the save button in bluefish is in virtually the same
place as Firefox's reload button, so that's just as fast) that I can't
be bothered to find out how to configure it.

You also need to know about [F5] (I think - my fingers know) to refresh
the syntax highlighting: unclosed strings sometimes give it hiccups -
and while you are typing the string, or adding a "\n", they are very common.

Otherwise, I love Bluefish - it knows many more programming languages
than I do, which, when I'm grappling with something unfamiliar, is very
helpful.

Roger