[Wylug-help] Switching the system to a new hard drive

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Tue Feb 12 09:48:59 GMT 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, John Hodrien wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Jim Jackson wrote:
>
>>> mount -o bind / /tmp/rootfs
>>
>> should that be --bind ???
>>
>> I've not caught up with this new stuff - looks useful.
>
> Nope, -o bind definitely works.

Ah ok. Just not mentioned in the man page I looked at.

> .... New?

Look young whippersnapper-John, all things are relative :-)

Actually a lot of the "new" mount point stuff had passed me by.
For instance mount namespaces, and similar possibilities.
This IBM paper is fascinating...

   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-mount-namespaces.html

mount wasn't like this complicated 20 years ago!
Not that I'm complaining mind.