[Wylug-help] Garmin gps problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:26:12 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 10:31:54 you wrote:
> Good stuff - do let me know how you get on.

I'm struggling to get started.  hal/udev didn't recognise the usb connection.
Would you expect it to?

I understand that the serial port command I need is

gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f /dev/ttyS1  -o gpx -F track1.gpx

but I'm not sure how to find the connection point that replaces /dev/ttyS1.
If the interface hasn't been recognised, I suspect that I'm stuck.