[Wylug-help] EeePC

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:47:45 GMT 2008

I got mine today, but am struggling on a couple of things.  I know that some
of you out there have had them for a while, so perhaps you can help.  I'm
sure I read somewhere that there was a sort of Expert mode that would give a
more familiar interface, but I can't find it, nor is there any mention in the
User Guide.

Is there really no console?  Without it troubleshooting must be well-nigh
impossible.

I can't find any way to add users or to change passwords.  Anyone found that?
On one screen, somewhere, I added an Adminstrator account, and think that the
CapsLock was on.  I can't even see how to test it, never mind change it if it
is wrong.  The login screen automatically shows me and asks for my password.
There's no opportunity to type in another user name.

Thanks