[Wylug-help] Folder permissions

RichardA pingvin at simaric.net
Wed Jul 30 00:36:09 BST 2008

I keep our photos in /home/shared/camera. This folder and files are
owned by root:shared and the permissions are rwxr-x--- so that none of
us can accidentally delete photos.

F-spot has an import function which happens when the camera memory card
is automounted, but it fails due to the restricted permissions.

It seems to me that my options are:

1. ACLs - complicated

2. Run a different import script as root, using setuid (?)

3. Set the sticky bit (?) and have a cron job reset the permissions

Which is these is the best/easiest way? Is there a better one?

Thanks

Richard