[Wylug-help] Re: Radio on BBC iPlayer

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 10:32:49 BST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:12:40AM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> > Googling turns up many reports of this problem, but no explanation
> > of cause or solution.
>
> 32-bit or 64-bit ?

64

> Which distribution ?

Hardy (8.04, as I said in my original post).

> Reason I'm asking is because
> I'm using Ubuntu AMD-64 on my desktop and sound was distorted until I
> put the extra codecs in - ubuntu-restricted-extras.  And some others.

Already got ubuntu-restricted-extras, so that's not it.

Any chance that you can remember or check the others?

> A cryptic clue search with apt-cache search fixed it.

??

> It's a bit of a weird one which I think only relates to my own
> gigabyte motherboard.  In other words, a one off that someone else
> shouldn't be suffering with.

Doesn't sound like it. I'm using a Macbook. Even if it has a gigabyte
motherboard, it's not a generic gigabyte problem, cos I have a self
built gigabyte-based machine that doesn't have the problem.

Dave