[Wylug-help] Re: Radio on BBC iPlayer

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:47:11 BST 2008

Dave

> 64

Yes.  That's what I'm using.

> Any chance that you can remember or check the others?

libk3b2-extracodecs  ?

> > A cryptic clue search with apt-cache search fixed it.
>
> ??

Well, most times that I've used Debian or Ubuntu I've had to search
for software to install by guessing what it might be through a kind
of an advanced cryptic clue kind of search.  Sort of... gee us a clue
mate...

> Doesn't sound like it. I'm using a Macbook. Even if it has a
> gigabyte motherboard, it's not a generic gigabyte problem, cos I
> have a self built gigabyte-based machine that doesn't have the
> problem.

I've had the same thing with the same hardware (different Gigabyte
motherboard - both new from a local retailer) on OpenSuSE 10.3 but
the distortion and crackling noise was less pronounced or obvious.
Looks like it's more widespread that I thought it was.  Which might
mean something.

--
Richard