[Wylug-help] Re: Router Log question

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:05:59 BST 2008

Anne

> No rules have changed, and it doesn't do it for any other box.  Nor
> did it do it for this laptop up to my new install.  I'm still
> trying to find why it thinks this is different from when the laptop
> connected before.  It's using the same IP, for instance.

I've seen bugs in IP tables and Packet Filter and IPF that produced
this kind of result.  But, if you talk to the developers about it
they just tell you that are imagining things.  It's not imaginary,
it's a fact that you do get bugs in security software.  Even OpenBSD
which claims to be reliable does have some bugs in it sometimes.  The
4.2 release which was the last one was a good example of bugs piled
upon bugs.

Not sure how to sort out your own problems without sitting down in
front of your machine.   Someone else might be able to come up with
something helpful :)

--
Richard