[Wylug-help] Topfield PVR Recordings

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun Jun 15 23:56:49 BST 2008

Shaun Laughey writes:

> try running mplayer as below:
>
> mplayer -identify -frames 0 -vc null -vo null -ao null "filename"

Thanks for the suggestion.  For video that yields output including:

  TS file format detected.
  Forced video codec: null
  Opening video decoder: [null] Null video decoder
  Selected video codec: [null] vfm: null (NULL codec (no decoding!))
  ID_VIDEO_CODEC=null
  Forced audio codec: mad
  Opening audio decoder: [libmad] libmad mpeg audio decoder
  Selected audio codec: [mad] afm: libmad (libMAD MPEG layer 1-2-3)
  ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mad

Does that mean anything?  For audio it's the same but without the
video-specific lines.

This has solved one of my problems anyway: MPlayer (which I hadn't
previously thought of) will play the video file that VNC won't.  Thank
you.

Smylers